• Mindfulness is the ability to live fully in the present moment – to be aware of our thoughts and feelings, of where we are and what we’re doing – in a gentle, non-judgmental way.
• Research shows that practising mindfulness techniques can re-wire the brain and change the way we think, feel and act.
• Mindfulness not only benefits our mental and physical health, it also has a positive impact on our relationships with family, friends and the wider community in which we live.
There are many simple, yet effective science-backed tools that we can do anytime, anywhere to help us become more mindful.
Here are just a few of these tools.
• With mental training as the next public health revolution, mindfulness can be applied in many sectors of society from schools and businesses to community organisations and the world of sports.
• Anyone can practise mindfulness. You can start at any age, and it’s easy to learn.
• Read our stories at happyhappymind, and be inspired by how the mindfulness mindset is fast becoming a powerful part of everyday life in Singapore and around the world for children, adults and the young-at-heart.